In Second Nephi Chapter 5 it talks about how the Descendants of Nephi (Nephites) separate themselves form the Lamanites. There is one verse in that chapter that caught my eye.
27 And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness.
What exactly does it mean to live after the manner of happiness?
Here is a list of things that make me happy. But I think it is only a start in achieving a life after the manner of happiness.
- When I come home and punk kid #5 runs to the door yelling “DA DA!”
- When punk kid #1 plops down on the couch next to me and wants to be next to her Daddy.
- When you are at a school program and can see one of your kids scanning the audience to see if you are there, and then smiles when they find you.
- Talking to your wife for hours when you both know you should be falling asleep.
- Sitting down as a family to have dinner.
- Having punk kid #2 insisting on walking you to your car each morning.
- Having your wife listen to your babble just because she wants to spend time with you.
What makes you happy? Have you ever achieved living in the manner of happiness? If you have a BLOG, I challenge you to write about your happiness. With all the crap going on in the world, it will do a lot of good if more people wrote about happiness. Lets give people peace and hope.
And of course, once you do that, leave a comment here so others can surf to it and read your post.