- Air Force One – a 747 (747 holds 60495 US Gal of fuel, at $3.90 a gallon, it would cost $235,930.50 to fill the tank, for a 5,300 nautical mile trip)
- A second 747 – For the media (they do pay for their seats). Another $235,930.50
- 2 US Air Force C-17 Globemaster III, to carry the President’s Limousine and a spare. (c-17 holds 27387 US Gal of fuel, at $3.90 a gallon, it would cost $106,812 per plane, for 2400 nautical miles per fill-up)
- Marine One (The Presidential Helicopter, a VH-60N)
- They rent 600-800 hotel rooms for each trip (Several floors at each hotel)
- Up to 800 people (30 White House Staff, 100+ Secret Service members, 150+ Media representatives).
- Local police are at full staff
And that is just the top of the list. Remember that each time the president goes out campaigning for one of his plans, it is costing the tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars. Hey, Obama, instead of flying to Colorado to sign a bill, why not stay home and send me the check for the money saved. I would really like to have my house paid off, and be able to buy a bigger one.