EPA’s proposed endangerment finding is based on rigorous, peer-reviewed scientific analysis of six gases – carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons and sulfur hexafluoride
So to protect us, the EPA has labeled these gases as bad, and are now in the process of pushing for legislation and regulations on these gases.
The proposed endangerment finding now enters the public comment period, which is the next step in the deliberative process EPA must undertake before issuing final findings. Today’s proposed finding does not include any proposed regulations. Before taking any steps to reduce greenhouse gases under the Clean Air Act, EPA would conduct an appropriate process and consider stakeholder input. Notwithstanding this required regulatory process, both President Obama and Administrator Jackson have repeatedly indicated their preference for comprehensive legislation to address this issue and create the framework for a clean energy economy.
The funny thing is… Well, not so funny…. Humans are a huge producer of Carbon Dioxide. Did you know that one of the by products of our body breaking down fat? So basically, we are now producing a gas that is going to be regulated by the federal government. Call me a right-wing nutjob, but I can see at some time there being a Carbon Dioxide personal tax. I wonder if I would get a break because I have asthma, and produce less of it during the winter.
- Soft Drinks – Carbon dioxide is used to produce carbonated soft drinks and soda water.
- Pop Rocks will be outlawed, they use pressurized carbon dioxide to give you that pop.
- Baker’s yeast – carbon dioxide is a by product of fermentation of sugars that makes our bread nice and fluffy. Maybe the un-leaven bread group had it right from the start.
- Fire extinguisher – Guess what electrical fire extinguishers use liquid carbon dioxide under pressure to combat fires.
- Welding – Most welding equipment uses Carbon Dioxide
- Plants – Hey, plants need Carbon Dioxide to live.
- Plastics – Lots of plastics use Carbon Dioxide as one of their ingredients.
- Refrigerants – Liquid carbon dioxide is used in some refrigeration systems.
- Dry Ice – You may know it as Dry Ice, but it is really solid carbon dioxide.
- Wine – Wine yields and needs carbon dioxide to be created. Oh, I bet the regulations will exclude wine. Liberals can’t live without it.
This may be a little extreme, but then again, if you read my BLOG you know I can be extreme. The government needs to make money, so it needs to tax us to death for its ever growing size. I wonder what other elements or combination of elements will be tagged by the EPA so they can be regulated and taxed. Remember the only reason they are being added to the list is so we can tax them.