If there has been a theme for this session of the legislature. I would say that the theme for this session has been state rights. Here is a recap of some of the actions done by the state legislature that are a push back to the federal government and a message to them that Utah wants to keep its freedoms and rights in Utah.
- SB 11 – Utah State-made Firearms protection Act
- HB 324 – Public Lands Litigation
- HB 143 – Eminent Domain Authority
- HB 146 – Law Enforcement by Federal Land management Agency
- HJR 11 – Joint Resolution Regarding Federal Health Insurance Reform
- HJR 10 – Joint Resolution Opposing the Establishment of a Federal Commission on State Worker’s Compensation Laws
- HRJ 12 – Climate Change Joint Resolution
- SJR 6 – State Sovereignty and Tenth Amendment
- SJR 1 – Escalante Heritage Hole-in-the-rock Center Joint Resolution
- HCR 8 – Concurrent Resolution on Federal Health Care Reform
They also did a lot of transparency work, and limited a lot of what they can and can’t do. Here is a list of a lot of the Ethics actions.
- HB 124 – Campaign Funds Expenditure Restrictions
- HB 267 Lobbyist Disclosure and Regulation Act Amendments
- HB 270 financial Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Amendments
- HJR 14 Joint Rules Resolution on Financial Disclosures
- HJR 15 Joint Resolution on Legislative Ethics Commission
- SB 136 Open and Public Meeting Revisions Related to Review of Ethics Complaints
- SB 138 Grama Revisions Related to Review of Ethics Complaints
- SJR 3 Joint Resolution on Ethics Complaint Procedures
- SJR 19 Joint Rules resolution on Ethics Complaints
You can get a complete list of all of the bills that passed by going to the le.utah.gov website.